Educational App | Tech 4 Educators
How to Make an Educational App
The education industry has come a long way since the use of a thick book to research a simple thesis paper based on the research and opinions of a student. With the advent of internet, it has become easier to retrieve information from various encyclopedias and resources.
Today many the education market has become not only a platform for new technologies, but it is also a significant niche for businesses. Using applications to learn new languages and engaging young learners with the gamification of educational applications. Some of the best mobile app developers Texas, LA, or California are hired to create an educational app to engage the students while helping them to learn in a fun way.
Here are three steps which can help you in the development process of an educational app
Step #1: target audience and market
The worldwide market is not equal. There are many factors which may affect the popularity of your app, including the geographical location of the user. Depending on your business objectives and characteristics of the market, your product can be successful everywhere. All you have to do is to take care of some statics to approach your target audience.
Step #2: know your development options
- Know your budget
Understanding your limits in terms of the budget can make it easier for you to determine what you need. The cost of two similar projects can vary drastically depending on the features included in the application. You cannot just expect the price of app development to be the same for every project.
- The features of the app
Depending on the type of app you are developing, there are several features which can add value to the application.
- Integration of social networks
- Planning and scheduling ability of the app
- Video integration and live sessions of a lesson
- Gamification of the app
- Surveys and assessments
- Use of leaderboard as a motivation for young students
- Use of Multilanguage for worldwide access of the app
- Progress tracking to boost the self-esteem of young learners
- Cloud integration in the app
Step #3: monetisation of the app
To begin with, the free model of the application is a perfect way to attract more users to your app. However, due to the abundance of applications on the app stores, it is only the option. You can give your users a free trial, so they can get the time to know your app. But building a dependable revenue stream is the part of the process. Here are some options which you can benefit from.
- Subscription: a monthly subscription is by far the most popular method of monetising an app. You can introduce the user with various subscription plans to access different functions of the app.
- Freemium: you can limit the features of the app to premium while providing access to the application.
- In-app purchases: offering paid features within the app can sometimes be a drawback especially if the app is for kids as many parents tend to work hard to save their wallets. You can offer parent guidance and tools against this feature and provide the user with a choice which can give you more credit than being restricted or manipulative.
- Commissions: if you provide user0generated content on your app, you can charge a small fee to post the course viewing or commission to publish a course.
- Advertisement revenue: in-app ads can be annoying, so use them in moderation. Make sure that you are aware of the in-ads policy for your target market, especially if you are building an app for kids.